Hey everyone! Here is an easy aloo -ghobi i.e., potato cauliflower side dish which is good with all kinds of bread, mild flavored rice. There are many ways to do this, like just the fry or potato and cauliflower in the sauce etc. The recipe what I am going to share is my mom’s recipe. I did make few changes in the recipe, so that it is low fat but equally delicious.
Here is what we’ll need :
- Cauliflower florets – 2 cups
- Potatoes – cut into 1 inch sticks – 1.5 cups
- Onions – Sliced – 2 cups
- Tomatoes – Sliced – 2 cups
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder / Paprika – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil / butter – 1 tsp
Here is how we’ll do it :
- Pre heat your oven to 350 F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and put cauliflower florets and potatoes into them. Place them in the oven and let them bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Mean while, place a large pan on medium heat. Put oil into it and let it warm up for few seconds.
- Add onions slices and a pinch of salt and let them fry till they are translucent.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and mix everything well.
- Fry till the ginger garlic paste looses its raw smell.
- Then add tomatoes, mix everything well and let it fry till they get soft.
- Now add some more salt, chilli powder and garam masala and mix everything well.
- By this time, the cauliflower and potatoes will be ready. If not put the pan on low heat and keep mixing till the veggies in the oven are ready.
- Once they are ready remove them from the oven, put them in the pan and mix everything well. Then taste it and if required add more salt / chilli powder / garam masala.
- Serve hot with bread or rice.
- The veggies in the oven should be fork tender. Be careful not to over cook.
- I cook the potatoes without peeling them, but if you want you can peel them.
Eat Healthy! Live Happy!